OCI TRAVEL ADVISORY – RE-ISSUE OF OCI CARD (ON GETTING A NEW PASSPORT)
Dated: 30.03.2021. New Deadline for OCI Card Reissuance
Subject: Relaxation on re-issuance of OCI card till 31st December, 2021.
- Re-issuance of OCI is mandatory every time passport is renewed up to the age of 20 years, and again after attaining the age of 50 years in view of frequent biological change in facial features in these age group.
Please view the full requirements for OCI Re-issue for more information at the following link.
The following OCI guidelines have been in force since 2005:
- OCI card needs to be re-issued each time a new passport is acquired by the cardholder up to the age of 20 years.
- OCI card is required to be re-issued once on acquiring a new passport after completing 50 years of age.
- Re-issuance of OCI card is not required each time a passport is issued to a cardholder between 21 and 50 years of age.
This is to inform that Government of India has decided to extend the temporary relaxation period till 30th June 2021 in the following cases:
- In case an OCI card holder below the age of 20 years has not got the OCI card re-issued on change of passport, he/she may travel on the strength of his/her existing OCI card bearing old passport number subject to the condition that along with the new passport, the OCI cardholder carries old passport mentioned in the OCI card.
- In case an OCI card holder who has attained the age of 50 years and has got his/her passport renewed subsequently but has not got his/her OCI card re- issued on renewal of his/her passport, he/she may travel on the strength of the existing OCI card along with the old and new passports.
LINK TO OCI *> https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/OCI.html
NEWS FROM HCI LONDON * > https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16105196161.pdf
LINK TO NEW or Renew UK Passport. > https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport